09 June 2010

Editorial Review

It's amazing what you can find on google image

I've been spending a lot of time at my internship, which I am kinda obsessed with. There are a lot of good things going on there for me: I'm getting experience and confirming that working with lit/the arts is what I want to do with my life. I'm reading some really mind-blowing submissions. I get to interact with very cool, passionate people who are mostly as nerdy and into reading stuff as I am. I get to "belong" to something, to have some sort of sense of community outside of my family and friends. It feels good to interact with a group of people for a common cause, because without even realizing it, that's something I've missed this year. Tonight we had an editorial meeting, and then we all went to get coffee. We got into a discussion about the necessity of the Oxford/Serial comma. For like 20 minutes. Yeah. I'm a little embarressed. But whatever! We're young and literary! Anyway, I promise they're all very normal, nice people. So lit mag is treating me well, and I'm excited to keep reading and being judgmental about authors' tense confusion and split infinitives.

No comments: