15 January 2009

Mmm yummy!



Last week I had happy hour with some pals at a new place on 10th (across from Aveda in the building that they've been renovating for like, EONS). It's called Oddfellow's Cafe. It was an old Oddfellow's Hall, hence the name. The food's great ($6 mac and cheese!!!), they have interesting beer choices, and a really relaxed--without being too casual--atmosphere. Our waiter was very nice and a fellow Oregonian, and he told us that they just opened during the snowstorm, but weather aside, they have been doing good buisness. The place reminds me of a less pretentious Presse. That's not to diss on Presse, because God knows I love my frites, but at Oddfellow's I don't have to experience the shame of mispronouncing some dish and having it turn out to be a simple tomato salad. So that's a plus. It's a really interesting mix of high end food and like, Broadway Grill late-night happy hour fare. I left very happy! A+!

No comments: