03 May 2009

Visitors

My friend Kayla visited this weekend. She went to SU for a term and then transfered to UO. I've visited her a few times and she's visited me a few times, so I already knew the friend she brought with her, Angela. I feel like the whole weekend was like Best Food Tour of Seattle. We were eating pretty much non-stop. On Friday night we meandered around the hill and happend upon the Cabiri performance at Cal Anderson, and then we went to Via Tribiunali, my fave restaurant in Seattle. After that we hit Molly Moon's new Cap Hill location (I had the strawberry balsamic) and called it a night. Saturday morning was spent at Pike's sampling food and eating Piroshkies for lunch. That night we met up with our friends from freshman year, Jess and Cara, for dinner at the Elysian. We braved the torrential downpour, and it was worth it. Sometimes the Elysian is so-so, but it was pretty excellent last night. We had a great time together and continued the evening at Barca, where our pal Ivy and her new husband Kevin joined us. Being reunited was very fun, and we all vowed to get together once more before graduation. Today Kayla and Angela and I went to the U district and had lunch at the Cafe on the Ave, thanks to a recommendation from my UW friend, and we tooled around the Ave and campus in the sunshine. Such a yummy weekend!

No comments: