29 January 2010

Ciao, Portland

my gift to you

Hey amici. So you know how I took Ital for like, ever, but have nothing to use it for other than pretentiously ordering dishes at restaurants?

NO LONGER!

I've found a place to chat with real live Italians (no, not LiveChat):


It's a cutesy little Euro-inspired cafe that hosts all sorts of language events, including Italiano. They have an Italian chat night when actual Italians, and not guidettes, come and chat with learners of la lingua, so I think I'm going to do it. I'm kinda scurrd, because il mio italiano is un po' limited, but my major motivation is...the hope that someone can recommend a new Europop CD to me, because LunaPop's Squerez...? has been on heavy rotation lately...and, I guess, that I might like, improve my language skillz. And perhaps that someone will teach me how to get my hair did a la Snooki. I'll let you know if I meet my goals.

No comments: