10 November 2008

Middle-aged Weekend

Instead of a vampire weekend, I experienced a middle aged weekend. It was a little preview of what my life might be like after I've been married for 25 years and am an empty nester. On Friday night I watched a movie with a friend. On Saturday night I went to the Lemongrass and watched a movie with a friend. On Sunday night I went to see the king of Adult Contemporary, Mr. Jason Mraz (Mr. Az, if you prefer). He danced, he white-person rapped, he sang 60s pop ditties, but--best of all--he brought out a gospel choir to accompany him on several songs.




Perhaps the most suprising part of the concert was the text messages sent by the audience. The texts were projected on to the stage's screens. Some were boring, like the many marriage proposals, some were kind of cutsey, like the imitation LOLCats shout outs, and some were just plain magnificent. My faves were:



  1. I am sitting in front of an obnoxious drunk woman.

  2. I love butt.

  3. I have to poop.

The best thing about text #3 is that it was the last text projected onto the screens. When people think back on their Mraz experience, they'll probably remember the head-bopping, the testosterone-less men who populated the audience, and the person who had to take a dump right before Jason came on stage. All in all, I'd say that's a memorable Soft Rock concert!

No comments: