05 November 2008

Yes We Can! Yes We Did!

"'God damn it,' he said, 'there are such nice things in the world-and I mean nice things. We're all such morons to get so side tracked'" Franny & Zooey






Things I will always remember about the night Obama became President:

Hearing students screaming in the buildings around us.

Crying with friends during Obama's acceptance speech.

Eating an egg sandwhich after 7 shots of vodka.

Hearing fireworks all over Cap. Hill.
The sense of unity.

Seeing my feelings reflected in the faces on tv.

Blasting "Born in the USA" out the bedroom window.

Feeling pride in America again.

Even though I've been exhausted (and, if I'm being honest, a bit hung over) all day, I am buzzing with excitement and idealism. I could ramble, but I will let Tina Brown summarize: "Last night President-Elect Barack Obama gave America back its idea of itself. Just by winning he restored the nobility of a dream that has inspired the world for 230 years".

No comments: