15 December 2008

The Blizzard: Day 2

Well, my friends, I am housebound for a second day due to The Blizzard. From the way the newsanchors and weatherpersons are talking about it, you would think this storm is as big as the one that made Santa resort to using Rudolph.

Today I ventured out into the icy world to retrieve mail for my mother. No, my mother could not wait until the snow and ice melted to get her mail; she needed contact from the outside world to keep her from getting cabin fever. Therefore, dutiful daughter that I am, I pulled on socks, rain boots, ski pants, two sweatshirts, mittens, my Northface, a scarf, and a flappy-ear hat just to make my way down the driveway to the mail box. It is trecherous territory out there, my friends. I felt just like our beloved Yukon Cornelius and his ragtag team of puppies (a St. Bernard, wiener dog, lassie dog, scottie dog, and beagle, apparently). The trek was long and hard (that's what she said), and I wasn't sure I'd make it there and back. But, lo and behold, I did not slip or drop the mail, and my mother was somewhat appreciative when I returned. Sadly, the two pieces of mail I risked life and limb for were 1) a maid service flyer and 2) a credit card offer. Great. All in all, it was a successful mission and got me out of the house for a few moments.

No comments: