19 April 2009

Things I Like #7

Prints

Specifically wall-paper and fabric prints. My parents abhor wall paper, probably because it was all the rage for decorating during their 1960s childhoods. My mother likes gaudy floral prints for furniture, but my father does not, and therefore we have one floral couch that looks like it should be from some English country house period film amidst a sea of stark modernist lines.

But I like prints: damask/medallion, floral, stripes, animals, plaid, paisley, toile...but it has to be tasteful. I mean, I don't want lime green elephants prancing up and down my walls, but I would like thumb-nail sized whales swimming on my navy-blue pedal pushers. There is a fine line, people!

Here are wall-paper and fabric prints that I like.
































Expect some of these to make an appearance in my future abode.

No comments: