07 October 2009

OD-ing on Home

In both a means to fit my stuff in my childhood bedroom and to remain in denial about my move home, I have begun an epic task: purging 80% of the shit in my bedroom.

I have essays left over from freshman year of high school lurking in the bottom drawer of my desk. I found a collection of Lisa Frank folders under my bed (Casey and Candy the golden retreivers who frolic in the neon pink and green landscape of LisaFrankLand [apparently Tuscon, AZ] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Frank). There are several tupperware boxes full of beads, buttons, and vials of sparkles. Stuffed animals take up half my closet space. I also have a huge collection of middle school-era CDs that must be dealt with. It is a fucking archeological dig in my bedroom, Gesu Cristo.

I am trying to forget my troubles by going to Greek food with Katie tonight. Ouzo and calamari will sooth my soul, right?

No comments: