20 June 2009

Post-Grad Life

Since my last post, much has happened for Team Lara.

I moved.
I baccalaureated.
I graduated.
I skinny dipped.

My current roommate, my new roommate, and I all moved in to our new place this past week/weekend. We all have "L" names, and there are two girls and one guy, so naturally all our family members are making Three's Company analogies. The apartment has a great layout, it's totally remodeled inside, and is just steps away from everything I love in Seattle: Molly Moon's, Rancho Bravo, Vita, Victrola, Cal Anderson and Volunteer, Dick's...and the list just goes on and on. We're still getting settled in, but everything is just dandy so far.

My parents and grandpa came up Saturday afternoon to go to Baccalaureate at the cathedral. I'm very glad I went, even thought it was 90 million degrees inside. Heat + graduation robes = bad news bears. That night my family went to La Spiga for din din and we all got a little tipsy off some dandy gin & tonics and red Italian wine. We got a cheese plate, too! Nom nom nom.

Graduation was relaxed, fun, and full of good food. After graduation my parents and I went to a picnic with the families of several good friends, and we spent the day in Volunteer Park. We went out to La Cocina with my aunt, uncle, and cousin that night, and each drank one of their HUGE margaritas. I'm pretty sure we all passed out before 10pm that night from a food and alcohol induced coma.

Monday was spent at Ikea. The family left, and I began organizing all my shiz in the new place.

On Tuesday night there was a birthday party at one friend's place, and then a dance party at the house of L's little sister. L and I went for good times and to say goodbye to our friend G, who has to move back home for the summer :( We went out in style, though, dancing to 90s classics, and then taking an exhilirating drive down to Madison Park in a convertible to go skinny dipping. It was my first time. I wasn't nearly drunk enough. But I had tons of fun, and it felt like the exact thing we all needed to kick off Summer '09.


All in all, it's been a family and friends filled, booze-soaked week, and I'm enjoying being a graduate very much. It's a little weird to wake up every morning and not have anything to do, but I'm learning how to relax, and next week I re-start the great job search!

No comments: