02 June 2009

Split personality?

I just saw my friend/employee G at a gala for Fragments, the literary magazine we help edit. He told me an amusing story. Let me recap, but first I have to backtrack.

As a student employee on campus, I often have two roles: supervisor/co-worker and friend. Occasionally it makes for awkward situations (parties, dances, non-work school events), but usually it just means I feel better about myself because I have lots of people to wave to when I saunter down upper mall on my way to Admin. However, today G showed me that perhaps those two roles are not melding together as well as they should be. G had a dream in which he was walking around campus with "Boss Lara" when we came upon "Lit. Mag Lara". He introduced the two of us, although he thought we already might know each other since we already knew G. Then Boss Lara and Lit. Mag Lara went their separate ways, and G woke up.

What does this mean?! Who does it say more about, me or G?!

No comments: