18 September 2009

Mid-Day Update

Today I had to get a new social security card. I left it in Italia two summers ago and since then haven't had a job that required me to show them my original card. Thus, I haven't motivated myself to get it replaced. However, as my job situation is hopefully changing (ie I may become employed), I figured I should get down to 9th and Lenora to replace it. Let me just say that finding 9th and Lenora is not easy. I had to resort to calling the Roommate and having her google my coordinates for me to determine if I was anywhere near my desired location. I was, thank god. Otherwise I may have had to wander among the Cornish students for all eternity. Shudder.

After the harrowing experience that is the social security office, I needed to feed my soul. So I fed it Top Pot's Raspberry Ring donut. Mmm. Only complaint: no Kate Bourget at the counter. After Top Pot I hauled ass to Myrtle Edwards park for lovely views of the Sound and Olympics. After sitting in the sun amidst the homeless and the lunch-time joggers, I made the trek to Ivar's because Top Pot hadn't given me enough deep fried goodness for one day...yeah.

On the bus ride back I saw hoards of clean-cut O'Dea boys walking around with their gym bags and generally looking thrilled to be done with class and able to enjoy the warm afternoon. I remember those September Friday afternoons in high school so well. Easily the best time of the whole school year.

Anyway, now it's the freakin weekend, and baby I'm about to...go nap in Cal Anderson.

No comments: