13 September 2009

Miracle of Miracles!

Just because summer's winding down doesn't mean the fun has to. Last night we celebrated the male-roommate's 23rd birthday with style. And by 'style' I mean Cooks. Male-roommate is friends with lots of people who I used to work with on a daily basis, but who I'm not close enough to see regularly now that school's over, so I got very excited to have a mini-reunion with those fine gents. I stayed up way past my bedtime! But, luckilly, when I was grumpy next morning due to the previously stated lack of sleep, a miracle saved me.

A Miracle of St. Nicholas, to be exact.

St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Cathedral is on our block, and they were hosting a festival/bazaar called "A Taste of Old Russia". $3 pirogies and vodka shots. A Miracle, I tell you! God was smiling upon me, as pirogies are widely known to be the best hangover food on the PLANET. Yes, I had to endure church ladies and old priests and little grubby kids, but in reward, I was granted a delicious, so good I thought it was glazed, pirogie.

No comments: